Learn how to respond to health emergencies and provide basic first aid for the four-legged members of your family. Practice and preparation will help you be calm and effective in an emergency, protecting you and your animal from further injury or suffering. Choose from: Dog First Aid, Cat First Aid, and Cat and Dog First Aid. Learn these skills with the aid of dog and cat manikins.
Course length: 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 hours depending on course option selected.
- Understanding basic pet owner responsibilities
- Administering medicine
- Managing breathing and cardiac emergencies
- Managing urgent care situation
- Treating wounds
- Treating electrical shock
- Caring for eye, foot and ear injuries
- Preparing for disasters
The best way to recognize and respond to an emergency is to know what is normal for your Pet.
However, if you are unsure about a condition, call your veterinarian.